Updated: Oct 28, 2021
Every system in your body – including your immune system – works better when supported by healthy-living strategies. And it makes sense that having a healthy immune system can help reduce any side-effects you may experience from a vaccine.
1. Do some regular moderate to vigorous exercise. Running around the block or some 80s jazzercize will do the trick.
2. Reduce your stress - as best you can during a pandemic!
3. Include as many whole foods as possible into your diet – especially orange and green vegetables. And of course drink lots of water.
4. Get enough sleep – particularly the night before a vaccination
5. Consider supplementing with:
a. Vitamin C – it's the jack of all trades for your immune system
b. Vitamin A for IgA support (be aware that Vitamin A isn’t recommended to people with certain health conditions or taking certain medications).
c. Zinc for both IgA & IgG support, and well as other immune functions
d. Vitamin D
e. Vitamin B – required for most biological processes
Want to chat to someone about boosting your immune system? Penny Dillon is a counsellor and nutritionist who's passionate about mood and food. Book an appointment.